Which is the best TEAS study guide? Read on for the top recommendations.
In this Guide
Finding the best TEAS study guide can be quite a challenge. With the many study materials and prep books available on the market, how can you determine which one would be right for you?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is critical to your future nursing career. However, the exam is quite tough. Therefore, it is important to prepare well for it. In this guide, we review the best TEAS test prep book on the market that will help you prepare for the exam.
Best TEAS Prep Books – Comparison Table
|RANK||STUDY GUIDE||PRACTICE EXAMS/QUESTIONS||REVIEW||PRICE|
|2||1 practice test|
|3||2 practice tests|
|4||3 practice tests|
Best TEAS Study Books
The best TEAS study guide is the Kaplan ATI TEAS. This prep book has a diagnostic test that you have to take before beginning the studies. The test will help to identify your weaknesses in the various topics covered in the TEAS exam, after which you can focus on them to improve your chances of getting a high score. Taking the diagnostic test will help you save time and make your studying more efficient.
The TEAS prep book also has test tips that will help you to get familiar with the tricks you are likely to face in the final exam that are meant to make you slip. The skills you will learn in the 456-pages book will ensure you do not fall for the tricks.
We love the Kaplan ATI TEAS prep book because it covers all the topics you will be tested on in depth. Here’s what’s included in the book:
- 2 full-length practice tests.(one test is online and the other is in the book)
- 500+ practice problems that are similar to those you will encounter in the exam
- 170-item diagnostic test with feedback regarding your weaknesses
The book covers every TEAS topic in depth and this makes it the best TEAS study guide on the market.
- Reviews the concepts you should understand in depth
- Has test tips that will help you notice any tricks you may encounter in the exam
- The diagnostic test will help you identify your weaknesses
- Has some information that you may not need for the exam
The ATI TEAS Study Guide is another excellent TEAS prep book that we recommend. This book does not have fluff content. The concepts are explained concisely and straight to the point. Using this book will help you prepare for the exam faster and use your time better. Non-essential content is not covered in the book.
The ATI TEAS Study Guide has well-organized chapters that make it easy for you to profess to different topics. The chapters are also structured well and you will easily figure out how they relate with each other.
We love the sample questions that are available in the ATI TEAS Study Guide. The questions are similar to those you will face on the TEAS exam. Going through the questions will ensure you are not surprised by any questions when sitting for the exam.
Other highlights of the TEAS study material include:
- Offers tips and strategies to help you score high in the test
- There are over 300 practice questions
The depth of information and excellent exam-like sample questions provided make the ATI TEAS Study Guide an excellent resource for students preparing for their exams.
- Has exam-like practice tests
- The sections are well-organized
- Does not have filler content or stuff
- We spotted a couple of errors in the math section
Third on our list of the best TEAS practice books is the ATI TEAS Secrets Study Guide. This 386 prep book thoroughly reviews the topics you should expect to be tested on in the exam. By going through the review, you will not be surprised by any question that would be set in the exam.
The ATI TEAS study material is well laid out and the concepts and topics are explained in an easy manner. The easy explanations make using the prep book a joy.
The book’s layout is straightforward and the material is separated into digestible chunks. If you have a small amount of time before sitting for your TEAS exam, you will find this prep book a handy resource.
Other contents available with the TEAS prep book include:
- 74 video tutorials that review the concepts you should know before the exam
- 2 full-length practice tests with detailed explanations of the answers
However, one thing we noticed about the ATI TEAS Secrets Study prep book is that some of the practice questions are easier than what you would find in the exam. This is especially true for those in the science section. Therefore, if you are buying this book, we recommend you also get additional test questions online to supplement your study.
- Well organized and written
- Has thoroughly reviewed concepts
- Some practice tests are easier than what you would find in the final exam
The ATI TEAS Test Study Guide is also on our list of the best study materials for TEAS. This prep book is well laid out and easy to follow along. The excellent design and content structure of the book will help you easily find the concepts you want to review.
In the book, you will learn how to apply the knowledge you may have or will learn in the different areas of the exams. The book has the procedures on how to tackle a test to ensure you get the best score.
Below is an overview of what is included in the book:
- Detailed review of the concepts you should know before the exam
- 2 full-length practice exams
- Thorough review of the test sections
The practice exams and excellent content of the ATI TEAS Test Study Guide make sit one of the best study materials you should be using when preparing for the exam.
- You will learn how to apply the knowledge you have in different sections of the exam
- Is well organized and the sections are easy to find
- The content is concise and easy to follow
- Does not have a lot of test questions
The final book that makes it on our list of the best TEAS study material is McGraw-Hill TEAS Review. This excellent prep book covers the TEAS topics in the most comprehensive manner. For this reason, we highly recommend it for anyone that is not familiar with the topics that are tested in TEAS.
The McGraw-Hill has tons of practice questions, which we find helpful in ensuring you are familiar with the type of questions to expect in the test.
Below is an overview of what you will find in this TEAS study guide:
- Thorough review of the core subjects covered in TEAS: English and language usage, science, math, and reading
- 600+ review questions to gauge your preparedness for the test
The McGraw Hill TEAS prep book is an excellent guide but has not been updated for the next exam guidelines. Therefore, you some content in the book may not be useful for you during the test.
- The concepts are reviewed in depth
- Has over 600 practice questions
- Has not been updated for the new TEAS exam
Editor’s Verdict: Best TEAS Study Guide
All the TEAS study guides on the list above are excellent sources for preparing for the exam. The books are affordable and cover all the topics that are tested on the final exam. However, we recommend the Kaplan ATI TEAS for all students. This book is updated for the new TEAS exam, covers concepts in depth and has tips and tricks you should know for the exam.