Regardless of the type of stethoscope you have, you need to store it safely to ensure it stays in great condition and extend its lifespan. The top stethoscope brands come with multiple years of warranty. When the warranty period elapses, you would not be eligible for free service or replacement. The best place to store a stethoscope is in a stethoscope case.
There are different types of stethoscope cases in the market. The best cases will protect the stethoscope from breaking, getting scratches, dust and tubing damage. Below is a list of the top rated stethoscope cases in the market.
Top 6 of the Best Stethoscope Cases[table “” not found /]
The Steele stethoscope carrying case measures 13”x5” and has several loops and pouches. The cardiology stethoscope case is large enough to hold your stethoscope as well as various medical instruments and accessories.
- Easily portable thanks to the looped Velcro belt
- Has an antibacterial lining
- Is waterproof
- Large enough to also store other accessories
- The price is a little higher than average
- Soft lining in the interior
- Hard shell casing for extra protection
- Can fit various stethoscope brands
- The outer protective shell makes the case a little bulky
On the exterior, the case features a sturdy EVA material that is semi-waterproof and dustproof. Therefore, you can be sure that any equipment you carry in it will be safe from breaks or scratches.
The Vive Precision case has a double zipper design and a wrist strap that make it easy to carry.
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Semi-waterproof, dustproof and shockproof
- You can store most stethoscope and sphygmomanometer models
- If you have a large stethoscope, you may have to bend its tubing a little to fit
The co2CREA stethoscope case can fit all the top rated stethoscope brands. The MDF, Omron, and 3M Littmann stethoscope case is water-resistant, dustproof and shockproof. Its main features are a mesh pocket where you can store small medical accessories and a hand strap that makes it easy to carry.
- Has a hand strap that makes it easy to carry
- Has a mesh pocket for storing accessories
- Is water-resistant, dustproof and shockproof
- Some customers have complained that the Littmann Cardiology stethoscope does not fit well into the case.
The Classic Stethoscope Carrying Case has a sturdy protective exterior shell that is both lightweight and durable. It also has an easy-grip zipper and a carry handle.
- Lightweight and durable
- The interior is pre-molded to securely keep the stethoscope in place
- You can remove the interior mold to accommodate nearly all types of stethoscopes
- You might find it quite tricky to fit some stethoscopes right into the pre-molded interior
This cardiology stethoscope case by Khanka features a hard EVA outer covering and a soft interior lining for protecting your stethoscope and medical items. The case is spacious enough to store a stethoscope, LED pen and other small accessories. It is also easy to carry thanks to its carry strap.
- 100 percent money-back guarantee
- Spacious enough to fit your stethoscope and other small items
- Quite cheap
- Sometimes, the zipper can get stuck
How to Choose the Best Stethoscope Case
Choosing the right stethoscope pouch can be a difficult task given the wide range of options available in the market. We have already listed the best stethoscope cases in this review. However, if you are looking for other options, here are some things to keep in mind before buying:
Consider the stethoscope you use. Not all cases are compatible with all stethoscope brands. Check the product description to confirm compatibility of the case with your stethoscope.
Quality of the Case
Check whether the case has a hard or soft outer casing. Ideally, you want a case with a hard outer shell to protect your stethoscope and other items you will be storing from being crushed or getting damaged.
However, keep in mind that a hard case can be difficult to transport in suitcases and bags. Therefore, depending on your needs, you may want a case with a soft or hard outer cover.
The best stethoscope cases have a soft lining on the interior to keep your stethoscope safe from scratches or scrapes. Apart from the soft lining, you may want the case to have one or two mesh pockets where you can store items like medications, lights, and pens.
Some stethoscope cases come with pre-molded interiors that provide a perfect fit for specific stethoscope brands. While these molds are more protective, the design means compromising on space that could have been used to store other items such as thermometers.
Generally, stethoscope cases are designed to be easy to carry. However, you should always confirm that the case you want to buy will fit your travel bag. Alternatively, you may want to carry the stethoscope case on its own. If you opt for this, choose a case that has a belt or wristband loop.
Price and quality usually, but not always, go hand-in-hand. High-quality stethoscope cases are priced higher than low-quality ones. While price can help you determine the quality of a stethoscope, it should not be the ultimate determining factor. For example, we have high quality stethoscope cases at our store that are quite cheap.
Consider all the factors above before finally checking the price to determine which would be the best stethoscope case to buy.
Protect Your Stethoscope Using a Stethoscope Case
It is important to invest in a quality case for stethoscope to ensure your device provides the highest audio feedback and stays fully functional for years. A stethoscope carrying case will protect your device from getting damaged by dirt that may settle on the diaphragm, earpieces and tubes.
The above are the best stethoscope cases on the market.